Outstanding Southeastern Library Program Award
SELA recognizes an outstanding program of service in an academic, public, school, or special library in a Southeastern Library Association member state.
- Any academic, public, school, or special library in the member states of the SELA may be cited for an outstanding program of service. Programs of service may include, but are not limited to library activities, projects, or programs.
- The program of service must take place during the biennium in which the nomination is made.
- The minimum time span for a nominated library program must not be less than three months, including the development and evaluation stages of the program.
- The person making the nomination must be a member of SELA.
- Nomination applications for the award should include the following information:
- SELA member's name
- Library's name, address, telephone number
- Beginning and ending dates of the program
- Narrative statement describing the program 1. goals and steps to achieve the goals 2. special contribution of the program/project
- Supporting documents related to program publicity
For more information contact:
Linda S. Harris, Chair
SELA Outstanding Library Program Award Committee
University of Alabama at Birmingham
1530 3rd Avenue S. SL 136B
Birmingham, AL 35294-0014
Previous Outstanding Southeastern Library Program Award Winners
|1980||Orlando (Florida) Public Library Catch Them in the Cradle|
|1982||Library Networking Commission (Fairfax, VA) Consortium for Continuing Education in Northern Virginia|
|1984||DeKalb Library System (Georgia) Tobie Grant Homework Library|
|1986||Charlotte-Mecklenburg Public Library (NC) The Imaginative Spirit: Charlotte - Mecklenburg Literary Heritage|
|1988||Iberia Parish Library (Louisiana) Iberia Parish's Summer Workshop|
|1990||Greensboro (NC) Public Library Community of Readers|
|1992||Memphis/Shelby County (TN) Public Library and Information Center JOBLINC|
|1994||Public Library of Charlotte & Mecklenburg County NOVELLO: Festival of Reading|
|1996||SEFLIN (FL) SEFLIN Free-Net|
|1998||Tampa-Hillsborough County Public Library (FL) National Library Card Sign-Up Month Program|
|2002||Sequoyah Regional Library System (GA) Journey Through Prejudice|
|2004||D.C. Hill Library, North Carolina State University|
|2006||Birmingham Public Library, Birmingham, Alabama BPL @Your School|
|2008||Forsyth County Public Library, Winston-Salem, NC|
|2012||Florence County Library System, Florence, SC Money Madness Teen Lock-In|
|2014||Greenville County Library System, Greenville, SC African-American Genealogy Project|
|2016||Quillen College of Medicine Library, East Tennessee State University - Program to Provide Health Information at Remote Area Clinics|